The Institute provides a number of training courses.
Scheduled Training Courses
- International Law Seminar for African Universities – 19th to 30th June 2017, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Deadline: 28th Feb. 2017
- Bilateral Investment Treaties and Arbitration Training Workshop (6th-10th June 2016, Arusha – Tanzania)
- Ghana International Law Seminar for African Universities (apply now, deadline 29 April 2016)
- Atelier de formation sur les traités bilatéraux d’investissement et l’arbitrage 26-30 septembre 2016, Abidjan – Cote d’Ivoire (apply now, deadline 23 June 2016)
- Negotiation and conclusion of bilateral investment treaties and investment contracts;
- Territorial, maritime, river and lake delimitation, particularly the overlaps between maritime and territorial delimitations;
- Legal framework of international trade and aspects of intellectual property rights and indigenous knowledge systems;
- African union law and regional organizations law;
- Judicial and quasi-judicial and arbitral settlement of trade and investment disputes;
- Legal Issues relating to loan agreements and sovereign debt instruments;
- Negotiation and conclusion of natural resources contracts in the extractive Sector;
- International Litigation: Strategies and Techniques;
- International criminal law and adjudication;
- International maritime safety and fight against piracy;
- The justiciability of the African Convention on Human and Peoples’ Rights in domestic courts;
- Implementation of international instruments protecting refugees.
In addition, the Institute aims to organise fellowship programmes and events, provide consultancy and technical assistance, and issue publications on international law, the law of the African Union, and other African regional organizations and Institutions.